(23 November 2016)
BABY Business Overview
Natus Medical Incorporated designs, manufactures, and markets newborn care and neurology healthcare products and services worldwide.
- Price to Earnings: 34.15
- Earnings Per Share: $1.25
- Market Cap: 1.4B
- Current Ratio: 2.98
- Return on Equity: 10.30%
- Dividend Yield: 0%
- Total Debt to Equity Ratio: 0.00
- Consensus Target Price: $49.67 (Per Yahoo! Finance)
Balance Sheet ($ in Thousands)
- Total Assets increased $31,219.
- Total Current Liabilities decreased $12,044.
- Total Equity increased $18,675.
Income Statement ($ in Thousands & for 9 Months Ended)
- Revenues decreased $1,722.
- Gross Profit increased $434.
- Total Operating Expenses increased $3,481.
- Income from Operations decreased $3,047.
- Net income increased $2,98.
Cash Flow Statement ($ in Thousands & For 9 Months Ended)
- Net Cash provided by operating activities increased $33,574.
- Net Cash used for investing activating increased $27,957.
- Net Cash used for financing activities increased $18,532.
- Cash and Cash Equivalents at the end of period decreased $1,128.
Business Acquisitions from 10-Q
- “On July 6, 2016, we acquired the portfolio of RetCam Imaging Systems (“RetCam”) from Clarity Medical Systems, Inc. for $10.6 million in cash.”
- “On March 2, 2016, we acquired NeuroQuest, LLC (“NeuroQuest”) through an asset purchase.”
- “We acquired Monarch Medical Diagnostics, LLC (“Monarch”) through an asset purchase on November 13, 2015.”
- “We acquired GND Operating LLC, and Braincare, LLC (collectively “GND”) through an equity purchase on January 23, 2015.”
- “On January 2, 2015, we purchased the assets of Health Observation Systems, LLC (“NicView”) for cash consideration of $1.1 million, of which $0.3 million was allocated to tangible assets and $2.7 million to goodwill, offset by $0.6 million allocated to net liabilities.”
- It has solid support at the $38 mark going back into August of 2016.
- I say $51 because it reach $51 back in December 2015, and has since then failed to surpass even $45.
- I am bullish on BABY and would buy at $38. The reason why I am hesistant to buy now is because it just came down from heavy resistance at the $44-$45 price range, so it has more room to trade lower before reconsolidating at that lower price range before heading back up.