(3 January 2017)
NVO Business Summary
Novo-Nordisk A/S is a healthcare company that is engaged in the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of pharmaceutical products. The Company has two business segments: diabetes care and biopharmaceuticals.
- Price to Earnings: 16.31
- Earnings Per Share: $2.19
- Market Cap: 70.3B
- Current Ratio: 1.24
- Return on Equity: 88.71%
Dividend Yield: 1.20%
- Cash to Debt Ratio: 36.36
Balance Sheet ($ in DKK Millions)
- Total Assets decreased $4,459.
- Total Liabilities increased $5,140.
- Total Stockholder Equity decreased $5,642.
Income Statement ($ in DKK Millions)
- Total Sales increased $3,157. 4%.
- Operating Profit decreased $1,093, or (3%).
- Net Profit increased $2,624, or 10%.
- Diluted Earnings Per Share increased from $11.50 from $10.28, or 12%.
Cash Flow Statement ($ in DKK Millions)
- Net Cash provided by operating activities increased $8,993.
- Net Cash used in investing activities increased $2,656.
- Net Cash used in financing activities increased $9,138.
- Cash and Cash Equivalents at end of period decreased $773.
- Novo Nordisk Reports Received FDA Approval of – Tresiba for Use in Children, Adolescents with Diabetes
- Given it’s dividend yield, and it’s attractive P/E of 15.5, I am midly bullish on NVO. I think it could see some short term downside given the charts, however, I remain bullish on this stock at around $30.